Please note that although our productions are geared toward young audiences, they are cast with professional adult actors based in the Los Angeles area. Imagine Theatre is proud to operate at the highest standards of professionalism, creating theatrical experiences by artists who are members of Actors’ Equity Association, Stage Directors and Choreographers Society, and United Scenic Artists – the national labor unions for stage artists.
Imagine Theatre is now casting for its Fall 2022 production of Warrior Queen Anahit the Brave.
See breakdown and submission details below.
AUDITIONS for our Fall 2022 production of Warrior Queen Anahit the Brave are being held right now. Click here to review audition details and submission guidelines.
📯 Casting Breakdown for Warrior Queen Anahit the Brave:
- ANAHIT: Female in early 20s. Armenian. Peasant and master rug weaver. Smart, capable, brave, willful, but likes to do things on her own. Through a chance meeting, meets the King and becomes Queen. When their kingdom is invaded by dark forces, raises an army of women, and rescues the King and all the men of her kingdom. Strong soprano & dancer.
- VACHAGAN: Male in late 20s. Armenian. King of the Armenian Highlands. Sincere, wants to be progressive but is scared of change. Loves his people and wants to be a good leader. Truly loves Anahit. Strong tenor & dancer.
- NAIRI: Female in early 20s. Open to all ethnicities. Anahit and Maral's best friend. Strong, independent. Peasant, dreams of being a warrior. Strong soprano & dancer. Also raps.
- MARAL: Female in early 20s. Open to all ethnicities. Anahit and Maral's best friend. Daughter of a blacksmith. Peasant, gentle, brave, funny. Strong soprano & dancer.
- APEP: Male in his 40s or 50s. Middle-Eastern. God of Chaos and Destruction. A narcissist, has delusions of grandeur. Steals souls since he doesn’t have one. Strong singer. Moves well. Raps.
- ARMAN: Male in his 30s. Open to all ethnicities. King Vachagan’s best friend and protector. Loves tradition. Strong tenor and dancer.
Imagine Theatre produces original plays that spotlight female heroes. We commission local playwrights to create work that features themes that serve our diverse community. We do not accept unsolicited submissions.
To learn about service on the Imagine Theatre Board of Directors or our Advisory Board, please write to IT Board Chairman Alex Zonin at email@example.com.
We are deeply grateful to all the volunteers who make it possible for us to do what we do. For the Fall 2022 season, we will require volunteers to usher student matinees and our evening public performances. For details, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.